Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Spinning Freak....

I  thought I'd share a customer's story....It starts with wool she bought on Saturday...

Here's Kimberly's story...

On Saturday, I stopped by a new store in Vinton called Wooly Belle*.  They had just gotten in some beautiful roving and top.  Here is what I purchased:

Wool Top by Wild Hare Fibers


Saturday night, I spun the top into this single ply yarn:

Single-ply yarn

After letting the single ply yarn rest overnight to help set the twist, I plied it together and produced this two-ply yarn:



4 ounces of the wool top produced approximately 192 yards of two-ply yarn


I am not sure what I am going to do with this yarn, but didn't it turn out nice!



*Wooly Belle is located at 128 N. Pollard Street, Vinton, VA.  Their hours are Mon-Sat 9-6 and Sun 12-5.    The owner of Wooly Belle had this to say about her shop:  "We have an eclectic group of vendors. We've researched and searched for the most unique items in the local area.  We try to keep new things in the store and provide a unique experience when you come in, every time! We never want it to be the same place twice."  "Like" Wooly Belle on facebook! Check out Wooly Belle's blog!



She's been awesome support to us and we'd like to thank Kimberly for being so awesome and sharing this with us!!! We can't wait to see what everyone does with what they buy!!! Send us your story at wooly.belle@aol.com!

1 comment:

  1. The fiber was a great deal of fun to spin and it spun like a dream!

    I do have other fiber-related articles on my blog also, so stop in for a visit! www.thewheelanddistaff.blogspot.com

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete